Call for Papers for WLF5
TYPES OF PUBLICATION
Papers which will be presented in WLF5 will be published in the following three types.
A: Journal papers
Thematic issue “ISDR-ICL Sendai Partnerships 2015-2025” published in Landslides: Journal of International Consortium on Landslides. It will be published in October 2020 and all papers are fee access before and during WLF5 (from 10 October to 10 November 2020). All participants and non-participants can download any paper free of charge. All authors of published papers will be invited to orally present it in WLF5 as invited speakers.
B: Full color books
A certain number of volumes of full color books will be edited and published under the following seven themes.
- Theme 1: Sendai Partnerships and Kyoto 2020 Commitment
(Invited papers from ICL, IPL and Kyoto Commitment. Forum lectures and Review of parallel sessions )
Coordinators: Kyoji Sassa <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Zeljko Arbanas <email@example.com>
- Theme 2: Hazard and vulnerability mapping and zonation
Coordinators: Fausto Guzzetti <Fausto.Guzzetti@irpi.cnr.it>
Hiromitsu Yamagishi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Theme 3: Monitoring and early warning
Coordinators: Nicola Casagli <email@example.com>
Snejana Mihalic-Arbanas: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Theme 4: Testing, modeling and risk assessment
Coordinator: Binod Tiwari <email@example.com>
- Theme 5: Risk management, capacity development and country practices
Coordinators: Irasema Alcantara-Ayala <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Matjaz Mikos <email@example.com>
Faisal Fathani <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Theme 6: Catastrophic landslides: causes and consequences
Coordinators: Alexander Strom <email@example.com>
Vit Vilimek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Theme 7: Frontier of landslide science and innovative practices
Peter Bobrowsky <email@example.com>,
C: CD Proceedings
The Fifth World Landslide Forum is planned to provide an opportunity to present their experiences and activities and discuss for further promotion of landslide risk reduction within participating engineers and practitioners from private sector (consulting companies and NGO and NPO) and officers from policy and administration (central and local and municipal governments) as well as researchers from Academia (Universities and research institutes) which are involved in landslide risk reduction.
- Policy makers and disaster reduction administrators in national government, municipalities are invited to orally present their case studies for disaster risk reduction including landslides. Those PPT presentation will be published in CD proceedings. This session is organized by the proposer and ICL secretariat.
- Consulting engineers and practitioners involving in regional disaster risk reduction are invited to present their experiences in discussion sessions by preparing the extended abstracts (around 2 pages including photo/figures). This session is organized by the proposer and ICL secretariat.
- Any thematic/regional/national groups of ICL, WLF5 supporting programmes, initiatives and organizations, and WLF5 sponsors are invited to propose their sessions in the proposed style.
Sessions for CD-Proceedings will be managed by proposers and their outcome will be edited by proposers. The style of session can be either a normal technical session or a round table discussion. Their outcome styles can be full papers, abstracts or PPT.
Papers contributed to A and B need a rather long time for review, editing and publication. Some are not in time for the publication before the forum. The most updated research and investigation will come out after the deadline of contribution. When later submitted papers will be accepted by one of themes, it will be published in CD proceedings and authors are invited to orally present in the session within each theme. This session is organized by the coordinator of each theme.
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
A: Thematic issue of Landslides
The manuscript will be submitted to Editorial Manager of Landslides
Submission, evaluation, and publication are exactly same with normal papers of Landslides.
Please follow the instruction of EM
Printed pages: Original papers will be 6-12 pages.
Recent Landslides and Technical Note are less than 6 pages
ICL/IPL Activities will be less than 6 pages.
ICL members, supporters and associates are invited to contribute to report their activities in this category. Submission of papers to the thematic issue to Editorial Manager: from November 1, 2017 to March 31, 2020.
B: Full color books
Manuscript of papers for full color books should be submitted in 6 pages in word files including good quality of photos and figures.
Submission and review schedule.
There is no abstract submission stage in WLF5 which were used in WLF4.
Speakers are requested to submit the full papers to the Editorial Manager for WLF5.
Full paper submission period: from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
Acceptance of full papers will be informed to the authors by 1 June 2020.
C: CD proceedings
The procedure and type of publication (full papers, PPT or abstracts) will be decided by session organizers. To distribute CD proceedings at WLF5, ICL secretariat must receive the manuscript from the session organizers by 31 July 2020.