Call for Papers for WLF5
1. TYPES OF PUBLICATION
Papers which will be presented in WLF5 will be published in the following three types.
A (Journal papers): Thematic issue “ISDR-ICL Sendai Partnerships 2015-2025” published in Landslides: Journal of International Consortium on Landslides. It will be published in October 2020 and all papers are fee access before and during WLF5 (from 10 October to 10 November 2020). All participants and non-participants can download any paper free of charge. All authors of published papers will be invited to orally present it in WLF5 as invited speakers.
Around 100 copies of this thematic issue will be distributed free of charge at SpringerNature booth near the cocktail lounge.
B (Full color books): Five volumes of full color books will be published under the following five themes.
- Theme 1/Volume 1: Sendai Partnerships and Kyoto 2020 Commitment
(Invited papers from ICL, IPL and Kyoto Commitment. Forum lectures and Review of parallel sessions )
(Coordinators/Volume editors: Kyoji Sassa and Zeljko Arbanas)
- Theme 2/Volume 2: Hazard and vulnerability mapping, vulnerability and risk assessment
(Coordinators/Volume editors: Fausto Guzzetti and Hiromitsu Yamagishi)
- Theme 3/Volume 3: Technologies for monitoring, testing, analyzing, and simulating and early warning
(Coordinators/Volume editors: Binod Tiwari and Nicola Casagli)
- Theme 4/Volume 4: A: Risk communication, people-centered early warning, land-use planning, other societal landslide disaster risk reduction, B: Protection of cultural/natural heritages, densely populated urban areas and other locations of high societal value, C: Capacity development (policy, strategy, guidelines, teaching tools, research by students) and D: Student session promoting future generation.
(Coordinators/Volume editor: Irasema Alcantara-Ayala and Faisal Fathani)
- Theme 5 /Volume 5: Landslide research frontiers (A: effect of climate change/swarm of landslides triggered by extreme rainfall and Glacial lake Outburst Flood, B: Dynamics and risk analysis of submarine and coastal landslides causing tsunami and Multi-hazard risk analysis and modelling, C: Prediction and risk assessment of catastrophic megaslides)
C: CD Proceedings for Discussion sessions: A variety of Discussion sessions contributing to promote discussion for landslide risk reduction and landslide related science and technology will be organized.
- Papers contributed to A and B need a rather long time for review, editing and publication. Some are not in time for the publication before the forum. The most updated research and investigation will come out after the deadline of contribution. Later submitted papers will be published in CD proceedings and authors are invited to orally present in discussion session. This session is organized by the coordinator of each theme.
- Policy makers and disaster reduction administrators in national government, municipalities are invited to orally present their case studies for disaster risk reduction including landslides. Those PPT presentation will be published in CD proceedings. This session is organized by the proposer and ICL secretariat.
- Consulting engineers and practitioners involving in regional disaster risk reduction are invited to present their experiences in discussion sessions by preparing the extended abstracts (around 2 pages including photo/figures). This session is organized by the proposer and ICL secretariat.
- Any thematic/regional/national groups of ICL, WLF5 supporting programmes, initiatives and organizations, and WLF5 sponsors are invited to propose their sessions in the proposed style.
CD-Proceeding sessions are organized by the proposing groups and entities.
2. SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
A: Thematic issue of Landslides.
The manuscript will be submitted to Editorial Manager of Landslides
Submission, evaluation, and publication are exactly same with normal papers of Landslides.
Please follow the instruction of EM
Printed pages: Original papers will be 6-12 pages.
Recent Landslides and Technical Note are less than 6 pages
ICL/IPL/ Kyoto 2020 Commitment Activities* will be one to 6 pages.
Kyoto 2020 Commitment is planned to be formally established during WLF5. Parties to join the Commitment may be invited to contribute to this category from 2019.
(Landslides Journal is planned to develop from bimonthly journal to monthly journal from 2019 when annual page number will be greater than 1800 pages)
Submission of papers to the thematic issue to Editorial Manager: from November 1, 2017 to October 1, 2019.
B: Full color books
Manuscript of papers for full color books should be submitted in 6 pages in word files including good quality of photos and figures. Template is attached.
Submission and review schedule.
Abstracts and full papers should be submitted to Editorial Manager for WLF5.
Abstract submission period: from November 1, 2017- November 1, 2018.
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the coordinator of each theme who is the volume editor and advise to submit full papers to his theme or to other themes, or other conferences before January 1, 2019.
Full paper submission period: from January 1, 2019 to December 1, 2019.
Title, authors, and abstract can be changed from the submitted abstract.
Full paper can be submitted without abstract submission.
Acceptance of full papers will be informed to the authors by 1 May 2020
C: CD proceedings
The procedure and type of publication (full papers, PPT or abstracts) will be decided by session organizers. To distribute CD proceedings at WLF5, ICL secretariat must receive the manuscript from the session organizers by 1 September 2020.